Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas wrap-up

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Though we missed being with our extended family, it was nice to have a year at home (especially since we would have been traveling through the blizzards on the east coast). I had decided to forfeit making sugar cookies this year, but changed my mind two days before Christmas. I forgot to half the recipe, so in one night, we baked and frosted over 6 dozen cookies. Yup, they all got eaten.


It didn't take James very long to discover how good those cookies tasted. The only way to keep him happy during our cookie-frosting activity was to feed him cookie after cookie. To appease him on Christmas morning, I gave him a few cookies as well.

Santa was good to us this year and gave David exactly what he asked for, a "knight riding a horse" (not pictured). The favorite toy in our house is Duplos, so we got a new box to add to our collection.
Though David asked for a knight, the transformer won his heart... seems like an inevitable part of boyhood.

We weren't too lonely on Christmas. Joseph's parents and grandparents came early in the morning for breakfast and that afternoon, my brother Jason drove down from Los Angeles. The boys enjoyed all the company. We are sure grateful to have family near by.


1 comment:

Laurel said...

What adorable boys you have! :D I can't believe how big they're getting. We sure miss you guys!! And think of you often. :)