Thursday, December 9, 2010

Faces that make me happy- well most the time

I hit the very lowest point of motherhood yesterday when I dragged my screaming kids out of chick-fil-a. Yes, my 5 year old was SCREAMING. James (no surprise) was throwing a fit. Thankfully, Ruth was asleep. For a whole minute the place was dead quiet as everyone in the restaurant turned their head to see what the commotion was. I have never been so humiliated in my life.

I guess the rewards of motherhood come in small doses, like when you see your baby roll over for the first time:

or when your two year old learns to say "I love you!"
or when your 5 year old tells you that you make the best bread in the "whole universe"!

We had a little scare with David last weekend. He woke up with a huge fever, complete with hallucinations, shortness of breath, and rapid heart beat. When he told us that a choo-choo train was coming to take him to heaven, we were very alarmed. Thanks to priesthood power and Motrin we have our little David back.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Thanks for the christmas card we loved it! Our card will be on its way in a week hopefully. Baby Ruth is adorable :)

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness, look at these adorable kiddos! You've certainly got your hands full. When we get back from Christmas in Ohio, we're coming down to see you! I'm cashing in that raincheck. :)

I love seeing your photos and catching up with you! Miss you!!

Lisa said...

Your kids are too adorable for words. Love those lashes...just like their Mama's :).