Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reptile Heaven

David has been talking about reptiles for several weeks now. Of all animals, he claims that lizards, especially Chameleons, are his favorite. My neighbor told us about a place called Prehistoric Pets, which has a reptile petting zoo. You can pretty much ask to hold anything and they'll give it to you for as long as you want. This is David's first experience holding a snake.

When we told the employee about David's love for Chameleons, she took us into a side room and gave him special permission to hold this little guy. I have to admit, he was pretty darn cute.


How about a giant lizard for a pet? We were all a little leary about getting too close to this big guy. He was pretty smelly, too.

Okay, this is a mammoth snake- 350 lbs and no, they don't let you hold this one. James, by the way, was the first one to jump in the car when I mentioned a reptile zoo. Once we got there, he kept himself at a safe distance from everything, no matter how much I coaxed.

No comments: