Tuesday, May 7, 2013

growing babies..

Hard to believe that my kids are growing so fast.  David is already wrapping up 1st grade.  We have enjoyed watching his progress with reading and piano.  He shocked us the other day by reading to Ruth because usually it is a struggle to get him interested in reading aloud.

James has taken on a new hobby: drawing.  Our refrigerator is full of all kinds of elaborate pictures ranging from sloths to pirates.  I asked him where he gets his ideas.  His answer: "my mind!"

We had 90 degree weather the other day, so the little ones were quite excited to get out the baby pool.  Now we are back to 60 degree, rainy weather.  I don't mind... let it be cold as long as possible!  Summer heat is no fun with pregnancy.

Don't think that this face is all sweetness all the time... we are definitely in the thrust of the terrible twos.  I feel like we are constantly at battle with each other.  In fact, I've given up on potty training because I figure we have enough to fight over during the day.  Ruth waited all week to try on this dress that Grandma M sent.  When Sunday finally came around, she ran to her closet to pull it out!  Fun to have a girl that loves to be fancy!

3 comments:

Denise said...

great update. The kids are so cute.

Emily said...

Love this update. My oldest (Natalie) didn't potty train until 3.... and then it was way easy! I had to wait until after I had Megan because I have no patience when I'm pregnant!

Laurel said...

Love it! Your kids are adorable. :)