Now we come to Ruth, who had been waiting for weeks while the boys went to school for preschool to begin. It is finally her turn and she is HAPPY! I am happy too. Ruth is the third child to enroll in this preschool. It is run from the home of a woman in our stake who just does the most amazing job. The other bonus is that we have a carpool! Yeah!!! Ruth is also taking dance lessons again. I wasn't planning on it, but we just happened to find a class during the boys' piano lessons... and they are only a few minutes away from each other. Seems like more than a coincidence to me.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
School Days
The kids are well into school. I have to admit that the structure is refreshing after summertime. The kids also seem to enjoy each other more at the end of the school day. Fortunately, morning dropoff has been pretty smooth this year. No more hiking in with 6 kids at my heels (carpool). I drop off all four boys at the curb and David walks James to his kindergarten classroom. This is a picture of the school. I was trying to describe the layout to my sisters. Where we live, the classrooms are in about 8 small buildings which all exit to the outdoors where there are small courtyards with grass and trees. It's nice that the kids can see so much sunlight during the day, but does seem like a security nightmare!
Happy kindergartener... Mrs. Ingraham is a second generation Kindergarten teacher. She is tall with blond hair and always dresses in bright colors with modest cuts. So far, I really like her.
David's 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Castiglia, is a bit more unknown to me. David seems to like her, especially when she shoots wads of paper from across the room into the trash can. He is in a mixed 3rd and 4th grade class, which should be interesting. I was also in a mixed grade class in elementary, and I don't remember caring one way or the other.
Ruth with Mrs. Sims
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I miss the soCA schools where the kids are outside all the time - before school, after school, recess, after lunch! (aren't they still locked inside school grounds?)!! The hardest thing for me to adjust to is the indoor time in school here!
Post a Comment