Last weekend, I had the pleasure to visit my dear sister, Holly. When I gave Joseph the choice of which child to take, he immediately requested that the baby go (understandable). What a treat to be able to dote on her for 4 days with the help of an adoring aunt and niece. Holly has such a relaxing and inviting home, definitely a reflection of her personality. I enjoyed waking up to her wonderful mountain view and watching the the birds at her birdfeeder during breakfast. I also got to spend an hour practicing the piano in her whimsical music room. Of course, Holly likes to go places, so we were up every morning and out of the house!
This was my favirite outing: Glen Eyrie, home of the founder of Colorado Springs. Our tour concluded in the music room for afternoon tea. We both braved the Calamari... but definitely enjoyed the cookies with whipped butter on top.
This is Garden of the Gods, one of my most favorite places on earth. The sun turns the rock almost red, so it looks like fire blazing across the valley.
Emmy enjoyed getting to know Eliza. If this is what 12 year old girls are like, I can't wait! Eliza is happy, helpful, and so fun to chat with.
Thankyou, Tripp family, for treating us to such a wondeful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment