Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Playing catchup

What a whirlwind the past few months have been, beginning with our move to Seabridge Drive and ending with the final day of school.  I still feel so new at managing our new home, but the extra space has been nice with the onset of summer.  Though the backyard still has weeds instead of grass and piles of dead brush, we have enjoyed throwing Frisbees, playing baseball, basketball, and watching the busy birds and bunnies on the hill.  We feel like we have moved into an aviary; every morning at sunrise we hear dozens of bird calls.  This lasts all day.. and I love it!

David has officially graduated from 5th grade.  This was perhaps his best year in elementary: he had great friends, thoughtful teachers, and many fun outings, including science camp.  David's departure from elementary also marks our departure from the school, as we will be changing schools this fall.  I am a bit sad to see our associations end, but am hopeful for more good years ahead!  Pictured below are Mrs. Anderson, Ryan Fritz, and Cooper Brown.

No comments: