Yesterday, we celebrated David's 4th birthday. We have been anxiously waiting for this birthday so that he could finally graduate from the tricycle to a "real" bike. When he woke up, he came into our room and with a concerned look asked, "Why did you guys put balloons on my bike?"
Here he is in action. Our first bike ride was a disaster. He plummeted off the curb about 4 times, and when we finally came back home he was sobbing. That afternoon we tried again, and now he's been riding it nonstop.
For the birthday dinner we had a picnic on Lake Mission Viejo. It's a small lake near our house where you can rent boats and swim. Everyone had a good time except James. He was furious about wearing a life-vest. I guess we won't do the boat for his birthday.
Here's David with his rocketship cake.
It's official! He's finally 4 years old.
David's favorite present was not the bike, but his new shake n' go cars "Red" and "Sarge" from the Pixar movie, Cars. Today he told me that for his next birthday he wants "Doc". I told him that 5 is a very long way away. Good thing because I don't want this kid growing up any faster than he already is!
3 comments:
Can you believe you have a 4 year old?!? David is so cute. It looks like he had a great birthday! You are such a great Mom.
Happy Birthday, David! I can't believe he's four!
Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday David!! What a fun day! I can't believe you have a 4-year-old. :) Times just flies these days it seems. We miss you guys and hope you're doing great. I really need to get down to MV one of these days. It's a must. :)
Oh, and are we going to do a birthday lunch for Marisol's birthday coming up? I really want to keep the tradition alive! :)
Post a Comment