Friday, August 21, 2009

Security

We just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  On the way home, everything seemed to be in order; we had tickets, snacks, coloring books, formula, diapers, and plenty of pacifiers.  Just as we were ready to put all our things onto the security conveyer belt, I reached into the our stroller pocket and felt something metallic and large.  "That's funny," I thought, "what in the world could that be?".  When I looked in I cried, "Joseph!  It's the hotel knife!"  The day before, we had taken a 12 inch knife from our hotel kitchen to cut up a watermelon at the beach.  With all the chaos in packing up, we had forgotten to take it out of the stroller.  Fortunately, we were right next to a large garbage can, so with my undercover face, I slipped the knife into the trash.  Joseph and I both let out a sigh of relief!  

As we left security, I laughed out loud at how surprised someone would be if they saw that huge knife inside the trash.  Funny how an innocent picnic at the beach could lead to disaster!

1 comment:

Kev and Chels said...

Too funny! I thought of you when we were in Mystic. Thanks for the recommendation!