Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Doctor David?

The past few weeks, David has been fascinated with the body. We are constantly talking about blood, lungs, the heart, you name it. Joseph finally pulled out my anatomy book and David's been looking at it throughout the day. Since it was POURING all day today, I considered it a good opportunity to take a field trip to get my blood drawn (one of those wonderful pregnancy things). While in the waiting room, we heard a baby screaming. David turned to me with a serious face and said, "mommy, I bet a baby is coming out of his mommy's belly. That's why he's crying." We were finally ushered over to our booth with 6 viles waiting for my blood. Since my little buddy seemed so attentive, I asked him to hold my hand to help me be brave ( I really did need some reassurance). He watched the whole process without moving an inch. On our way down the elevator to the car he said, "mommy, can you breath now? Try to take a breath." I showed him that I was okay and home we went.

Such a fun day with such a cute boy. If you ask David what he wants to be when he grows up, he will tell you, without delay, that he wants to be a lawyer. We'll see. Maybe he's got the same genes as his grandpa, Doctor Mumford.

This is David with our dog, Pilot. They have been buddies lately, so much that David has decided to share his blanky with the dog. While I am not to thrilled about it, it is fun to see him care about our little animal. He's also come up with some Christmas ideas, such as a doggie toilet, a bone holder, and Pilot's own blanket. Almost once a day he says, "Mom, I LOVE Pilot".

2 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

What a cute kid! That's so sweet that he stood by you and held your hand the entire time!

Denise said...

Oh, that is such a cute story about David. He has a tougher stomach than me if he can watch you get blood drawn! I think it is neat to see the kids love their dogs so much. My kids all tell me they love our dog daily also. For me, it makes all the hard work worth it.