What is in Hannibal, you ask? The boyhood home of Mark Twain. I am ashamed to admit that I have never read any of his books. The only reason we spent one day of our vacation here is because it was en route from St. Louis to Nauvoo.
This is our first encounter with the great Mississippi
Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn


Mark Twain's boyhood home


The most memorable part of the overnight stay was our terrific lodging at Super 8. It was SCARY! Nasty carpet, a friendly drunk outside the front door, and lots of second-hand smoke. We did manage to attend the branch for church on Sunday. The people were delightful and I really enjoyed having a calling-free Sunday! Joseph and I actually got to hold hands during Sunday School! (first time in 3 years)
2 comments:
Looks like a fun spot to visit! I'll remember to stay away from the Super 8, though. Yuck! Tracy, you are a classic beauty. You have such a cute family.
I haven't been to your blog in forever! Adorable photos. Looks like a fun vacation! :)
(And I'll admit I've never read a Mark Twain book before, haha.)
Post a Comment