Thursday, June 2, 2011

personality

David came home from school yesterday with a request to have a "buzz", just like his friends at school. With much regret, we agreed and Joseph had the hair shaved off in seconds. I can't believe that he is already old enough to care about what his hair looks like, let alone care what his friends think! (yikes!)
We have tried to let David have more control over things, so giving in on this seemed to be the easy thing. Later that evening, David showed me a picture of a Bakugan kid with long hair and said "I want my hair to look like this next, Mom!"
I said, "no way!" ... I guess I'm still a controlling parent after all.
James... I love this kid. He is definitely the opposite of David. While David is more than happy to submit to most everything, James WILL NOT. In a way, his independent spunk is pretty nice. He has to do almost everything by himself: wash hands, get in the car seat, take off his jammies, take off his shoes. If you try to do it for him, he will insist on doing it all by himself all over again. His response to NO is, "Why mom?".
Along with the spunk comes considerable shyness and self-conciousness. It takes a very long time for James to warm up to people, but once you are trusted, he will win you over!

Ruth is very much a daddy's girl these days. If she knows that Joseph is in the room, she crawls to him and stands up supported by his legs. He can't help but bend down and scoop her up. She is learning to hold her own with the boys. The moment James swipes something out of her hands, we hear about it. We found a twin at our ward beach day on Memorial day. I couldn't fit the swim bottoms over her voluptuous thighs, so she's wearing pants instead!

1 comment:

Amy said...

How cute, I love your kids:) I especially like the thigh comment, haha.