Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family Vacation, part 3

I don't have very many pictures of this, but one day, we took a break from Nauvoo and drove 3 hours to Springfield to visit Abraham Lincoln's home. The drive was well worth it because the museum there was incredible. I learned so much about his life and presidency.

Lucky me! President Lincoln happened to be strolling through the museum the same time as me! His tall and slender physique reminds me a lot of my Joseph.

Our vacation concluded with a trip to Carthage. I loved this quote by Joseph Smith
David in front of the window where Joseph Smith fell

Door with bullets

view of Carthage jail.

We found ourselves with a whole day in St. Louis before our flight back home was scheduled to leave. Feeling amitious, we drove to the St. Louis arch and took a "pod" to the top. The "pod" part was not quite what we expected, especially when dealing with 2 crying kids inside tiny pod with no standing room...I am so glad it didn't break down on us!

The kids were sooo tired our last day of vacation. I was especially glad to come home to our own beds. I do feel lucky that we were able to explore some new places and see new things. Most of all, I am filled with gratitude for my pioneer ancestors who sacrificed everything so that I can enjoy the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments: