Friday, July 15, 2011

Lately

After a solid week of no naps, this boys is finally asleep. What's important to James? Monkey, blankie, and Lightning McQueen.

First family bike-ride of the summer!

Ruthie cried the whole time! Maybe she was afraid of being in such tight quarters with the 2 year old (I would be nervous too!)

David's request: bumble bee rocks (to remind us of Gordon B Hinckley's 6 Bs)

I am feeling a bit sad today as I've contemplated the future effects of the gay-lesbian history teaching law that passed in California yesterday. Looks like I've got one more thing to navigate my kids around in this morally confused world. I am so amazed at how scarce virtue has become... it's almost scary! Anyone want to move to Iceland?!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a good Mom. Cute pice! The other day I was reading the Naughty David book to Sydney, and on one page it says "Davey No". And Sydney said, "I have a friend Davey, but he's not naughty". Made me laugh. I like how she has a special name for him:)

Laurel said...

I know what you mean, I guess it wouldn't be prudent to move somewhere and start a Mormon colony like in the old days, would it? :)

You are an amazing mom and I know your kids will be well-prepared.

Miss you! :)

Quentin, Kara, Addie, Cohen & Nora said...

It is really scary world right now with crazy people to protect your kids from and from a total lack of any moral compass! We will move to Iceland with you, we would love to live near you guys:)!!!