This is the final chapter of our vacation to Louisville:
Great swimming with grandma and grandpa
My mom made me laugh when she asked me, "how did the tradition of painted toenails get lost on you?" As I looked at my sisters' and neices' feet, I realized that I was the only one without beautifully painted toes. Good thing Ruthie had grandma to help to take care of things.
Katie and her kids drove 8 hours from Virginia to be with us.
Katie and Emily's kids with mine
Heather and her 6 kids also drove a long way to visit. My favorite memory from the trip was when we all crowded onto this bed to facetime with Joseph. It was so fun to laugh and talk together. I am happy that the kids joined in with us.
Heather, mom and I took the kids to some beautiful gardens and then out to icecream. I literally ate Graeter's icecream every night of my trip. It was wonderful, but at the same time horrible for my arteries. Nothing beats midwest icecream. The frozen yogurt that we have in California just doesn't compare.
James and Julie renewed their old friendship. It was sweet.
I can't seem to resist this little face
It felt so refreshing to be with family. I am so grateful for wonderful parents and wonderful siblings. I am grateful that a few of my sisters made an effort to spend time with us while we were out east. Nothing beats the uplifting and supportive role of family.


No comments:
Post a Comment