Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School

Today David began his first day of school.  He was very nervous, but after meeting his teacher seemed ready to go.  I woke up at 6:30 am this morning in order to get David to school by 8:00 am.... feels especially early for our late morning household.

We did good at getting out the door.. even got to school 10 minutes early!  Surprisingly, none of David's friends from Kindergarten are in his class.  I am a bit sad about it, but he doesn't seem to mind.  This boy is really good at making friends.

David likes Mrs. Hann because he says that she is the nicest 1st grade teacher.  We'll see how he feels when the first homework packet gets sent home.  I spent much of the day feeling lonesome for my boy, but I am optimistic that this year will be a good one.