Friday, October 5, 2012

Ruthie

I haven't written about Ruthie lately.  She quite my shadow these days and wants to be involved in EVERYTHING that I do.  Whether I am sewing, cleaning, choreographing, or cooking, she is right next to me and if possible, on top of me. When I tell her that I need to get work done she gets upset, of course, but after a kiss or short time out usually feels much happier.  I know that it is quite a compliment that she wants to copy me so much, so most of the time I find it quite cute.

Her relationship with Pilot is developing.  Often I will find her reading books to him, or laying toys out in front of him.  He tolerates it pretty well.



Ruth and James have had quite a bit of time to play together now that David is in school.  Sometimes they feel like playing together, and sometimes they will go the entire day without noticing each other.  I did find this little game that they were playing together.  While we were out in KY this summer, we got these wood baseball bats.  For some reason, they are the favorite toy at my house.

Here is my latest project: a quilted bedspread for Ruth's room.  We are anticipating a switch from the crib to a regular bed in a few months, so I am getting ready.  Two of these patterns I found for only $3 a yard.  I think that bright colors are fitting for Ruthie's vibrant personality.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Oh little Ruthie, she's adorable! :)