Sunday, June 28, 2015

Projects

Project mayham began with a slab leak under our tile floor last month.  Rather than drilling through the tile to patch up a 40 year old copper pipe, the plumber rerouted our main pipe through the attic.  We were left with big holes to patch.  As our fix-it guy was patching the drywall, we decided to go ahead and finish off the walls in the garage.  While we were at it, we had nice mirrors hung.  Of course, the floor had to be fixed up, and with all the extra stuff in the way, we sold it at a garage sale.  

The result: my very own dance studio!  I am currently teaching Tuesday morning classes to Ruth and her little church and neighborhood friends.  It is so convenient to teach from home and I just love having time to be with Ruthie. I will likely continue into the fall.
 
I said, "my studio", but that's no quite true. Joseph hung fun laser lights and a black light.  The kids love dancing around or even spreading their stuff out on the slick floor.  During one of my practice sessions, they all showed up as outlaws.  I can't believe that Emmy is alreay beginning to run around with the gang. 

David and Emmy have had some great bonding time this past week.  I hired David to watch Emmy during my dance classes.  He wrote up a schedule, prepared a snack, and entertained Emmy for two whole hours.  When I asked him what his favorite part of summer has been so far, he said, "babysitting Emmy".  Wow!  Really?!

No comments: