Sunday, June 28, 2015

Dance Recital

Ruth's dance recital was on Saturday.  The theme was "Once Upon a Time".  The program for 7 and under is first class at this studio.  The costumes, staging, and handling of back stage was amazing.  Since I am a teacher, I get to help run kids back and forth to the stage.  Everytime Ruthie saw me, she would run up and give me a huge hug.  That really made me happy.  In this photo, she is tapping to "Happy Birthday Princess".
 
The boys were proud of Ruth.  Emmy kept saying, "I want to dance"

Saturday evening was the recital for the older girls.  I had a hard time at this one.  Many of these are my babies of earlier years and I have a hard time watching them drift in the direction of mainstream dance.  I am currently trying to figure out where dance will fit in with my girls, because I really don't picture them here.  My tappers did great, however, and we had a wonderful year together.

Guess who got her hands on that dance costume?!  Sweet Ruthie is good at sharing.  (The shoes are also Ruth's).  I guess it's true that the baby gets everything.

No comments: