The neat part about road trips is the scenery that you experience along the way. On our way to Brian Head, we stopped at Hurricane, UT to visit "Momo" (Joseph's grandmother Camille). Grandma actually played a huge role in our engagement. She was the member of the family that snuck a bouquet of flowers over to the St. George temple at the spot where Joseph would propose to me. On a different occasion during our engagement, I slept on her living room floor in a sleeping bag. I had forgotten to bring a slip for my church skirt, so the next day, she altered one of hers for me. I have always felt love for this sweet woman. Unfortunately, a series of strokes has made daily life very difficult for her, so Pam and Dave are now caring for her full time. What a sweet example they are honoring parents.

As the genealogy enthusiast of the family, Joseph suggested that we stop at the gravesite of my great, great grandfather, Joseph Wright. I was so exhausted from the day's drive, but got a second wind as I felt the awe of standing at the gravesite of my pioneer ancestor. It was awesome. The next day at church, we met Sheila Wright Dutton, one of my third cousins. She shared an neat book with me about Joseph's life. We also discovered that Joseph's aunt is one of my third cousins as well! Hah!
Lastly, we visited Pioneer Park in St. George. The kids loved the huge rock formations and caves. If you look closely, you can see the St. George temple in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment