Now that I am four months past pregnancy, it is difficult to relate to my past pregnant self. What I do remember is that I repeatedly told myself "never again". Oh, how I have loved my babies! What a sweet miracle they are. I love being a joint creator with Heavenly Father in creating a home for His beloved children. There is no other role that I'd rather have. Physically speaking, however, this was the most difficult thing I have ever done. All I felt was pain, pain, and more pain, whether standing, sitting, walking, or sleeping. I truly suffered. Just when it felt like things couldn't be worse, I slid off a couch cushion one week before my due date and felt a jolting "pop" in my rib cage. As I tried to sleep the following night, my ribs continued to crunch and the increased pain only confirmed that something was really wrong. One more day passed by and then night came again, only this time the pain was so bad that I sat on my rocking chair and cried the hours away. Finally at 4 am, I decided that if I didn't get medical help, I would just have to die on the spot. Sweet Pam showed up at 5 am, and we were on our way to the ER.
A few X-rays confirmed the damage...broken rib. Since pain meds were out of the question for fear of hurting the baby, we decided to proceed with induction. At around 8 am we found ourselves in the labor and delivery department, waiting for baby to come. My epidural was the first time in months that I was relieved of pain and I was in heaven! Nap, book, and did I mention, no pain?! Thus began the beginning of a new chapter in our lives called "baby #5".
No comments:
Post a Comment