Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Mom came to town

We always joke that mom comes to visit at the most chaotic times in our lives.  The timing of her visit during Johnny's debute was no different.  We all knew that new house, new neighborhood, and new baby would be challenging, but at two weeks postpartum the house nearly flooded with a slab leak.  Suddenly we were also dealing with home warranty calls, plumbing calls, and no running water for five days.  I truly felt like I was going to die.  Sweet Mom had the best sense of humor the entire time.  She did every thing she could think of to cheer us up and made sure when she left that we had ample supply of food in the fridge and homemade cookies. She was my ministering angel that week.  I hope that someday I can do the same for my daughters.

No comments: