Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summertime

I love the lazy days of summer.  Though we have been busy with outings and vacation, it has still seemed very relaxed and non-hurried.  


We kicked off summer with a trip to Nashville, TN and Louisville, KY.  Our first day in Nashville was HOT!  We landed right in the middle of a huge heat wave with record temperatures at 100 F and above.  Here we are on our first morning at the Waffle House, a staple of the east coast.  Surprisingly, it was pretty good.



Afterwards we ventured for a tour of the Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home.  It is one of the best preserved presidential homes, as everything is in its original.  Even the wallpaper is still intact.  Squelching hot, but we survived.



Our second tour was to the Opryland hotel.  This place was gorgeous... waterfalls, gardens, and streams all within the hotel.  James especially loved it and ran around "his forest".

We ended the day with a carousel ride.  I wish I could say that it was fun.  Two of the three threw massive tantrums from beginning to end and we made an impressive scene as we dragged all three from the carousel to the car.  It was parenting at its worst.

1 comment:

Kiersten said...

Looks like a fun trip! I feel your pain with the heat--we are living through it still. I am looking forward to fall already.