Last weekend, I had the opportunity to travel to Denver to spend a girls only weekend with my sisters (minus Jessica) and mom. It was such a wonderful opportunity to be together and take a rest from the usual motherhood routine. My favorite part was our outing to the Garden of the Gods near Colorado Springs, where we took a short hike and then shopped at an amazing craft fair.
This is our group. I feel lucky to be related to such amazing women. It is fun to be together, because when I see the traits and personality of my mom and sister, it reminds me of myself. If I am a little like them, I must not be too bad.
My beautiful mother
The end of our trip turned into catastrophe beginning at this moment. After our final breakfast all together, Emily immediately got sick for the entire day. I flew home at 6:00 that evening and got the bug just as I was boarding the plane. Thank goodness for the barf bag! The kids didn't get a hug from me until 24 hours later, when my insides seemed to be working again. It was worth it though... time with distant family is always worth it.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you got sick, but what a great trip to get to have! There's nothing like just hanging with some of your favorite women. :)
Love these pictures!! How fun to have a girls weekend together.
Post a Comment