Sunday, July 12, 2015

Happy Fourth of July

Fourth of July weekend was uneventful but enjoyable.  Joseph took a long weekend, so we had lots of together time.  The highlight, of course, is always visiting with grandma and grandpa Larsen.  As we were approaching their home, James spotted a sign in the clouds that read, "Happy 4th".  Couldn't get cooler than that!


Mission Viejo does not sell fireworks, neither does San Juan Capistrano, but Joseph did find fireworks on his way home from work in Costa Mesa.  After our BBQ, we lit sparklers, and a few fountains and spinning things in the backyard.  I loved this terrified look on both Emmy and Grandma's faces! 

We've been on a Harry Potter kick at our house, so the wands (sparklers) were a big hit with the boys.  James ran all over the yard, making designs and humming his own music.  It was cute.  I had originally nixed the idea of viewing big fireworks, but as we pulled into our home driveway at 8:30 pm, I had a spontaneous desire to go.  The boys and I made a quick dash to the city party, just in time for our 9:00 fireworks display!  Phew!  What a day.  I can't help but love the 4th.

No comments: