Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Heather's house

Spring was in full bloom a Heather's home in North Carolina.  She has nice beds of flowers and a huge lawn that is bordered by a tall forest of trees.  Whenever the wind would blow, the trees would sway at a 90 degree radius and make the most delightful "swish" as they brushed past each other.  Our first day together, the older cousins were kind enough babysit while Mom, Heather, Katie, and I visited the farmers' market, ate lunch, and did a quick stop at Costco.  It was fun to laugh together about all the oddities of everyday life.  



The day after Katie left, we took the kids to a natural science museum.  The kids really enjoyed the aquarium and outdoor displays

.

Our final day together was grandma's 69th birthday.  I helped the grandkids make cards and carry breakfast in bed.  Later that day, Francis, Julia, David, James an Ruth entertained us with their very own version of Hansel and Grettel.  It was sad to say goodbye to such distant family.  I am grateful that we will likely have future opportunities to visit again.




No comments: